This is a week of activities promoting disability sport and inclusion in Cork. Further details about the programme are here: Week long schedule of activities to promote Disability Sport & Inclusion in Cork – See further details at at: http://www.corksports.ie/index.cfm/page/cork-sportsability-week-20171#sthash.wFw21Frc.dpuf
Searsol after school typing course is now available nationwide. We currently have twenty centres available throughout Ireland. A free trial is available for you to bring your child along to experience the benefits of learning how to touch type in a Searsol after school typing centre. The course is suitable for children from the age of eight upwards that needs to learn how to touch type.
Searsol after school typing courses offer your child the following:
- Qualified instructors with years of experience teaching children how to touch type.
- Qualified instructors that are Garda vetted.
- Students work at their own pace but in a group environment so encouraging the child to learn.
- A student report is available at the end of each of class to show how students are getting on.
- Praise and positivity are delivered throughout the course.
- Course certification are presented at the end of each term
Searsol centre locations, tutor name and contact number is as follows:
- Artane, Dublin 5 – Sean Carthy- 01-6303384
- Dundrum, Dublin 16 – Sean Carthy – 01-6303384
- Lucan, Dublin West – Sean Carthy – 01-6303384
- Monkstown, Co. Dublin – Jackie Andrews – 086-3780842
- Ennis, Co Clare – Angela McGrath – 01-6303384
- Limerick City – Sharon Kingston – 087-3522281
- Kanturk, Co Cork – Ursula Noonan – 089-4390798
- Mallow, Co Cork – Ursula Noonan – 089-43907989
- Ballyphehane,Cork – Donal Deasy – 086-3891767
- Carrickmacross, Co Monaghan – Ciara Mc Ardle – 087-4665792
- Drogheada, Co.Louth – Ciara Mc Ardle – 087-4665792
- Dundalk, Co. Louth – Ciara Mc Ardle – 087-4665792
- Kilkenny City – Majella Phelan – 086 371 3573
- Carlow City – Majella Phelan – 086 371 3573
- Galway City – Maria Quigley – 0852051624
- Waterford City – Audrey Hardiman – 0871784737
- Tramore, Co Waterford, – Audrey Hardiman – 0871784737
- Castlebar, Co Mayo – Gabriell Marsh – 083 8368680
- Ballina, Co Mayo – Gabriell Marsh – 083 8368680
- Westport, Co Mayo – Gabriell Marsh – 083 8368680
For more information about the course and to book your free trial online, visit our webpage for more information http://searsol.com/typingcourses/
16+ Options – Employment and Education Fair
16+ Options – Employment and Education Fair
Venue : Newpark Comprehensive School, Newpark Av, Blackrock, Dublin, Dublin
- Closing Date : Thursday 26 January 2017 05:00PM
- Start Date : Saturday 28 January 2017 10:00AM
- End Date : Saturday 28 January 2017 03:00PM
Further information and Booking can be found at https://www.middletownautism.com/weekend-events/item/1633/16-options-employment-and-education-fair/
To people who need to phone the Brothers of Charity South Lee ASD Team or the Regional ASD Team:
We are aware that people find it difficult and frustrating to make telephone contact with either of our services, at times. We fully understand that this is not helpful for families and other people who need to make contact with us.
By way of explanation, we have two sets of problems that might explain this difficulty.
We have a relatively old telephone system and we are informed by the telephone provider that this system will not support a telephone answering service. When one of the telephone lines is occupied or when a telephone call is being answered, another person who is trying to make telephone contact will hear not hear an engaged tone. Our base here at Marian House is temporary pending the Progressing Disabilities reorganization so there is no funding available for a telephone upgrade.
Secondly, we do not have full staff cover for receptionist duties as all administrative staff have considerable clerical workloads which needs to get done.
So, we will do our best to answer the telephone from 9.30 -11am daily and from 1.30 – 3.30 PM daily.
An alternative method of making contact is by email to either:
email@example.com for South Lee ASD team enquiries; and
firstname.lastname@example.org for Regional ASD team enquiries.
News of the following event has been sent to us:
Parent Information Session provided by SENOs
For parents of children recently diagnosed with an Autistic Spectrum Disorder
Tuesday 22nd November 2016
Department of Education & Sceince Offices, Bessborough Rd, Mahon, Cork.
11am – 1pm
The National Council for Special Education NCSE are planning to hold a Parent Information Session for Parents of newly diagnosed children on Tuesday 22nd November 2016 in DES offices Mahon at 11am. The session will be jointly hosted by Audrey O’Shea and Breda Brosnan [ SENO’s for Cork South County and Cork City West] and we can accommodate up to 25 parents in the conference room.
If you are interested in attending, please email Audrey or Breda directly to audrey.o’email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The presentation is intended to assist parents in understanding the school system as it applies to children with Special educational Needs.