The Social Worker is a member of the multi-disciplinary team and is a contact between Marian House and the family. Their role is as follows:
- Aims to provide on-going support to the children’s families/carers and siblings.
- Provide a counselling and advice service to families, to help them with practical, emotional and social needs.
- Facilitate groups for parents and children, siblings and parent support groups. i.e. Being Well; Incredible Years; Parent Support and Information Nights; Drop in Support Evenings.
- A limited home support service is available (see Home Support page). Further information and referrals can be made through the Social Work department.
- Provide information on entitlements and financial supports and options available to children and families with the aim of enhancing the quality of lives.
- Inform families about a range of supports and services in the community i.e. Summer Camps, July Provision, Home Help.
- To liaise with service providers regarding unmet and future needs. e.g. Family supports, respite care etc.